Franni has asked to be a guest blogger and tell you about my book.
When I was six our family moved from California to Southeast Alaska (the part that runs down beside part of British Columbia).
It was a huge change for our whole family and this book is the true story of our first years in Alaska - in the 1950s - before Alaska was a state. The book is "Are We Walking To Alaska" - it is family friendly and enjoyed by all ages. So without further delay - here is the post I wrote on my blog. Thank you for taking the time to read it.
Time for thinking of Christmas gifts - so I thought I would give you a few hints as to lovely things you might buy for those friends, neighbors and loved ones on your list. Someone hard to buy for? I have the perfect gift.
- Great Aunt Tildy - Book from Amazon.com - Are We Walking To Alaska? she loves true stories of children from Alaska, as she was a child there a long time ago. And this is a true story.
- Bertie and Sally - the twins - they are reading chapter books now - Are We Walking To Alaska? - from Amazon.com - they will love the adventures in this true story - bears, whales, deer, and a squirrel that comes indoors to play
- Dad - Are We Walking To Alaska? - from Amazon.com - he fished in Alaska as a young man and will enjoy the fishing stories
- Uncle Stubbs - Are We Walking To Alaska? - Uncle Stubbs can tell a story like no on else - and he'll get a big kick out of the stories in this book
- Paper Girl - Lawn Mowing Boy - Are We Walking To Alaska? - plus a bit of money put in as a bookmark - they both do such a great job all year and now they can relax and go on a true story adventure in the wilds of Alaska in the 1950s
- Cousin Sally - Are We Walking To Alaska? - she's brave and would love to have an adventure in the wilderness, and things that happened in the book will intrigue her.
- Sisters and Brothers - Are We Walking To Alaska? - reminders of their time growing up in Alaska - they will pass this book on to their children
- Next Door Neighbor, Mrs. Benson - Are We Walking To Alaska? - Sweet neighbor is by herself, she'll enjoy the company of a young girl in Alaska, learning all about the new and different way of life.
- Mrs. Stilton - Are We Walking To Alaska? - a school teacher for years in Alaska - this true story will remind her of all the wonderful children she has taught.
- Mrs. Van Pelt - Are We Walking To Alaska? - grandson's teacher, she might even want to read the book to her 4th grade class.
And so many others - just think how they'll enjoy this book - available in Kindle and print - makes shopping easy.
- Mail Carrier - a break from every day life
- Friends in the Quilting group
- Neighbor who stops by to chat most afternoons
- School Libraries - donate a book in your child or grandchild's name
- Public Libraries
- Convalescent Hospitals - the residents will enjoy the true story of a young girl in Alaska
- Care Homes
- Baby Sitter